The new law would give sweeping powers to the State Department and Pentagon to push television, radio, newspaper, and social media onto the U.S. public. “It removes the protection for Americans,” says a Pentagon official who is concerned about the law. “It removes oversight from the people who want to put out this information. There are no checks and balances. No one knows if the information is accurate, partially accurate, or entirely false.”
The bi-partisan amendment is sponsored by Rep. Mark Thornberry from Texas and Rep. Adam Smith from Washington State.
- youdrankmygingerale reblogged this from ericmortensen and added:
- lunar likes this
- cheezbenis reblogged this from ericmortensen and added:
- manymachines likes this
- fuckingold likes this
- thetreesareenergy reblogged this from ericmortensen
- diegueno likes this
- diegueno said:I have to wonder if that would make much of a difference.
- firthofforth reblogged this from ericmortensen
- ericmortensen posted this